What are the 6 Benefits and Uses of RFID tags in your company?
What are RFID tags?
The tags RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) are electronic devices that contain a small chip and an antenna. These devices are capable of storing and transmitting information through radio waves. RFID tags are usually used to identify and track objects. , animals or even people remotely and without the need for direct contact.
Guys Main RFID tags:
Passive Tags: These tags do not have a power source of their own, but instead obtain the energy necessary to transmit data from the RFID reader to which they are associated. Passive tags are more common in applications such as store inventory tracking, access control and logistics.
Active Tags: These tags have their own power source, usually in the form of a battery, which allows them to transmit data over greater distances than passive tags, and more often than not, active tags are useful in applications that require more detailed and timely tracking. real, such as vehicle fleet management and monitoring of high-value assets.
Where are RFID tags useful?
The applications of the labels RFID They are diverse and range from inventory management and access control, to product tracking in the supply chain, baggage control at airports, document and library management, among others.
It is important to mention that, although RFID tags offer advantages in terms of automation and efficiency in various processes, they also raise concerns about the privacy and security of the transmitted information, so it is essential to implement adequate protection and encryption measures according to the specific application. .
6 benefits of RFID tags in your company
The implementation of RFID tags (Radio Frequency Identification) In a company it can provide a series of significant benefits:
- Visibility and transparency: Provides real-time information on the location and status of products, improving visibility throughout the supply chain.
- Reduction of Labor Costs: By automating processes such as inventory tracking, you reduce the need for staff dedicated to repetitive manual tasks.
- Improving Accuracy in Asset Management: They help keep an accurate record of the location and condition of assets, preventing loss, theft or misuse.
- Loss and Theft Reduction: It facilitates the detection of missing or incorrectly located products, which reduces losses due to theft or loss.
- Analytics and Advanced Reporting Capability: Data collected through RFID tags can be used for detailed analysis and reporting, providing valuable information for decision making.
- Security Improvement: Allows better access control and tracking of people and objects in restricted areas.
Regulations in Mexico for RFID tags
In Mexico does not exist There is no specific regulation that exclusively addresses the use of RFID tags, however, there are general regulations and laws that may be applicable to RFID technology in certain contexts.
Some of the relevant regulations and laws include:
- Federal Law on Protection of Personal Data Held by Private Parties: This law regulates the processing of personal data held by private entities and establishes specific obligations for the protection and management of this information. If RFID tags are associated with personal data, they must be used in accordance with this law.
- Official Mexican Standard NOM-011-SCFI-2004, Commercial Information-General Product Labeling: This standard establishes the labeling requirements that products sold in Mexico must meet, including information on origin, net content, instructions for use, etc. Although it does not focus on RFID, it may be relevant if RFID labels include information that must be be visible on the product labeling.
- Federal Telecommunications and Broadcasting Law: Although it does not focus specifically on RFID tags, it regulates aspects of wireless communications and may be relevant in certain contexts of RFID use.
Now that you know how important RFID labels are for your company, it is necessary that you look for professional suppliers with the necessary experience in the field, so that you can put them into operation as soon as possible. practice in your company, contact us for more information.