What are industrial appraisals?
The industrial appraisal is a service that offers a qualified opinion from an expert and/or certified professional in the field of “valuation of machinery and equipment” or “real estate valuation, which has technical quality and experience to assign the value of an industrial property by through a technical and impartial opinion through the physical, functional, economic or operational characteristics of a good.
Both for fixed assets that are located within an industrial plant, as well as for the property itself, real estate, special facilities, as well as Industrial Warehouses or Warehouses that belong to the group.
What are industrial appraisals used for?
Industrial appraisals serve to know the fair value that your assets would have according to their physical characteristics and the current conditions of the specialized market. These valuation services offer necessary information for decision-making, as well as to have a real picture of the value of the main assets in a company or industry.
The appraisals made by ANEPSA They provide confidence in mergers and acquisitions, purchase-sale and lease processes, establishment of rental prices, insurance, tax guarantees and accounting purposes. ANEPSA It has the certifications required for this specialty and the equipment appropriate to your needs.
What turns are applicable to industrial appraisals?
Industrial appraisals are applicable to companies that belong to the industrial, extractive, manufacturing, construction, livestock, air transport, tourism, telecommunications, agricultural, pharmaceutical, metalworking, mining, textile, chemical, hotel, restaurants, foundries, etc. sectors. .
What is the process of an industrial appraisal?
Industrial appraisal methodology
There are three approaches by which an industrial appraisal can be carried out, the choice of the most suitable one depends on the purpose of the appraisal.
It is the method to estimate the value of the goods that can be analyzed against other comparable existing ones in the open market; It is based on the investigation of the supply and demand of said goods, recent purchase and sale operations, rental or rental operations, and that, through an homologation of the data obtained, allow the appraiser to estimate an indicator of comparative market value.
The income approach is a method that consists of estimating the value of the property based on the documents related to the income it produces. It is a method that consists of estimating in a present value the benefits that will be obtained in the future.
To determine the value indicator using this approach, it is necessary to quantify the profitability of the asset, as well as the capitalization, interest or discount rate applicable to the case. This approach is determined based on the principle of anticipation and the principle of greater and best use.
This approach is applicable to elements linked to economic exploitation and to economically indivisible productive units, but not to their separate components.
The value indicator obtained by applying this approach must be recorded in the valuation report as Capitalization or Income Value.
To determine the value indicator using this approach, it is necessary to quantify the physical and economic characteristics of the asset, as well as its replacement or reproduction value, subsequently being affected by the factors corresponding to the demerit, by age, by conservation and maintenance, as well as by the economic, functional and technical obsolescence, the expert appraiser must describe in the valuation report the nature of the demerits applied.
The value indicator obtained by applying this approach must be recorded in the valuation report as Physical Value.
It is the method for estimating the value indicator of a property or other asset that considers the possibility that, as a substitute for it, another replica property could be built or acquired, or one that could provide an equivalent utility.
What benefits do industrial appraisals provide?
Industrial appraisals provide great long-term benefits to companies and industry, since they favor various aspects within the company related to knowledge of the state of assets and book accounting. Among the benefits are the following:
- It allows the owners or shareholders of the company to have a clear knowledge of the value of the company's assets, whether tangible or intangible, since this appraisal considers aspects such as machinery, warehouses, facilities and even intellectual property.
- This appraisal will also allow you to obtain insurance for your company and the assets that are in it and that the insured premiums are adequate.
- It will help your company determine the fair payment of the property tax.
- In case you want to carry out a purchase-sale process, you can offer the fair value for the assets of the same.
- It will be possible to define the value of the company.
For what other purposes can industrial appraisals be carried out?
Depending on what the company or industry requires, these industrial appraisals can be carried out in the following cases:
- Machinery and Equipment: In the event that it is required to know the value of the machinery and equipment that the company has, an appraisal is made to it.
- Waste of industrial material or goods: When the industry has equipment or waste that it is not going to occupy and that can be used in other industries, the company can resort to an estimate of the value of this waste.
- Impairment of long-lived assets C-15: Here the differential between the net book value and the Net Sales Price is determined, this with the purpose of complying with the Financial Reporting Standard.
- Property, plant and equipment NIF C-6: allows determining the value of those assets or businesses that are identified at the time of the acquisition or merger of a company.
- Fixed Asset Control: Allows you to keep an eye on the fixed assets that are in the company and thus have an updated inventory.
Our experience in industrial appraisals
Some of our clients are:
- boehringer ingelheim
- BASF Group
- Mitsubishi Motors
- Schulk Carbon Technology
- Coats Mexico
- Magna Car Top Systems of Mexico
- Veolia Environment
- Total Mexico